Thursday, December 1, 2016

Cebu South Trip: Fantasy Lodge Resort at Samboan Part 1

Staycation at Samboan

A simple curiosity…
Kawa hot bath at Fantasy Lodge

The first time I saw a photo of a “Kawa” hot bath was when my co-worker posted on facebook her photo when she was in Antique. It was awesome! I said to myself, I’m gonna try that one day. I’m from Cebu and Antique was a far away place. I need to ride a plane to get there.

When I heard about a “Kawa” hot bath in Samboan, I couldn’t really contain my excitement. I don’t have to go that extra mile to Antique. The Cebuano version of “Kawa” hot bath is just down south of Cebu. So accessible!

When the dawn breaks…

Wakey! Wakey!
I woke up at around 0330H, prepared myself for my most awaited trip and headed to Cebu South Bus Terminal. I arrived there at 0430H and met my lovable companion (my bf) by the entrance.

I did some research on how to get to Fantasy Lodge Resort. Based on their website, they recommended the bus that would pass the Samboan via Barili route but when we were there at the terminal, we couldn’t find any. The bus conductor told us that it would be best to take the Samboan via Bato-Oslob route. He said we would arrive there in about 3 hours and that the bus, Sun Rays, would travel straight and no stopovers. Ceres, a well-known bus company that travels north and south of Cebu, was also out of sight at that time.

I was skeptical at first since on the resort’s website it clearly stated to take via Barili route for it will pass there directly. But the driver of Sun Rays and the conductor assured us that via Bato-Oslob route would still pass there. And the bus was about to leave, so we have no choice but to jump right in. We asked the conductor to drop us by the entrance of the Fantasy Lodge resort. Luckily, there were still two adjoining seats available. At 0500H, the bus left and off we go!!!

Morning sunshine…

It was already 0730H and we were at Oslob, home of the famous Butanding, the whale shark. We haven’t tried it though, hopefully soon.

We already passed 10 towns starting from Cebu City. Samboan was within our reach! 


I looked at the “maps.me” application on my smart phone and checked if we were almost there. When we reached the destination based on that app, we asked the conductor to drop us off. He forgot though to inform the driver to stop by the resort. Unfortunately we missed it. The app was also inaccurate and so we had to ride a tricycle to get there.

Eazy Breazy…

Finally, we arrived!
Welcome to Fantasy Lodge Resort – home of the famous “Kawa” hot bath. Samboan’s best!

Entrance to the resort

The main gate wasn’t that pretty. It looked like a residential place. As we entered, the receiving area was simple and homey. It felt like going to your own rest house. The resort occupies a small area with only one swimming pool and a few rooms. We were early for our check-in time so we opted to eat first while waiting for our room to be prepped. The staffs of the resort were friendly and accommodating as well. They were kind enough to attain to our needs and we didn’t have any issues with them.


We had breakfast at their restaurant. There were other guests too having their meal. The menu was okay but the price was a bit expensive. They could somehow lower it down a bit considering the location and facilities of the place. Anyhow we chose the breakfast meal, American and Filipino and it tasted good.

Happy eating!

First look…

After eating the staff informed us that our room was ready. I was amazed at how spacious our room was. We got a queen-sized room with balcony. The bathroom was big too but no bathtub. It has a cabinet for clothes and a side table for our other stuff. It didn’t have television and refrigerator. We had two towels and three pillows. We also requested for additional pillows since we both were pillow huggers. We also had complimentary shampoo and soap.

At our balcony, the view of the sea was relaxing. It was a quiet place.

Comfy bedroom
Spacious bathroom
The balcony with partial view of the sea
Sea view

Money talks…

To sum up our expenses:

Item
Amount in Php
Bus from Cebu City to Samboan (Sun Rays non-aircon)
175
Tricycle ride to Fantasy Lodge
20
Overnight Stay
3000
Breakfast
500








Since this will be a lengthy post I will break my Samboan blog into three parts. This is part one. The second part would be our Kawa hot bath experience and the third part would be a very special one. So stay tuned!

In the meantime these are all for now and keep posted.


Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...